The Sportivate Learn to windsurf for ages 19 - 25 is the perfect way for young women to take inspiration from the Olympics, and Team GB Nick Dempseys Silver medal in windsurfing and get out on the water and learn to windsurf.
The cost is an amazing £25 for 5 x 1.5 hour sessions, plus 2 x club training sessions. The usual cost of these would be about £200 each. Place are on first come first served basis. Applicants must be age 19 - 25 and non sporty (defined as taking part in sporting activities twice or less a week)
The course will be 5 x 1.5 hours sessions.
Course Content Includes:
Sportivate Windsurfing Course at Lagoon Watersports, Brighton.
- Balance on a board
- Set equipment up
- Windsurf in a straight line
- Turn around (Upwind and down wind)
- Sail back to where you started.
- Beach Starting
- Going faster
- Faster turns
- 4 free session at Lagoon windsurf training club
Course Objective: At the end of the course you will be able to windsurf in light and moderate winds to a chosen point and return to where you started. Those that have reached a certain level of competency will receive the RYA level 1 certificate. This will enable you to hire windsurfing equipment on most lakes in light winds. You will also be able to attend four of our windsurfing club sessions.
- Run by highly experienced and friendly RYA instructors.
- All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
- Suitable for complete beginners or those with a little experience - we train everyone from kids to grandparents!
- Group sizes are kept to a maximum of 8 people
- Master the basics of how to control and steer a windsurf board
- Perfect learning location of Hove Lagoon combining shallow and flat water right next to the sea to make the most of the sea breezes
Participants will be offered a 50% discount on the intermediate course and a 25% discount on our standard membership rates.
Once you have completed these you should be ready to windsurf on the sea !
Success is guaranteed !!
All specialised equipment is provided, including wetsuits.
Prerequisite: Applicants must be age 19 - 25 and non sporty (defined as taking part in sporting activities twice or less a week)
Availability: Please check at the bottom of the page for course dates
Rules : Candidates must attend all sessions
Suitable for: Complete beginners, age 19 - 25 and non sporty (defined as taking part in sporting activities twice or less a week)
Please make sure you read our booking terms and conditions and understand our cancellation policy.